Welcome to Chicago!
Chicago is a great North American city, and AMUN International is proud to be located here.
- visit our “Hotel” page for information about the Sheraton Chicago Hotel & Towers.
- About Chicago
- Places of Worship
- Other Attractions
- Maps & Travel
Here are some links to get you started exploring Chicago:
- Quick Food options within walking distance of the Sheraton Hotel (pdf)
- Resturants for Dining-In within walking distance of the Sheraton Hotel (pdf)
- Volare ($$$ Italian)
- Billy Goat Tavern ($ fast food)
- Dick’s Last Resort ($$ American)
- Click here to use CitySearch – this link will return a list of restaurants in the Downtown area, and their approximate distances from the Sheraton Chicago Hotel & Towers.
- Infomation regarding several museums in the Chicago Area (pdf)
- The Art Institute of Chicago
- The Museum of Contemporary Art
- The Field Museum of Natural History
- The Adler Planetarium
- Shedd Aquarium
- The Museum of Science and Industry
- Driving to the AMUN Conference? See a list of parking lots near the Sheraton.
- Flying into Chicago? Here are some ground transportation options:
- Airport Express Shuttle from O’Hare Airport and from Midway Airport will bring you to the hotel.
- The CTA Blue Line train will bring you downtown from O’Hare airport [Map].
- The CTA Orange Line train will bring you downtown from Midway airport [Map].
- Prefer a taxi? A cab ride between O’Hare Airport and Chicago costs approx. $25-$30. From Midway Airport to downtown the cost runs between $20-$25.
- Once you are in the city, Chicago has convenient public transportation. If you have an extra day or two to spend in the Chicago area, check out the Chicago Transit Authority, which can help you get to and from the Sheraton Chicago Hotel & Towers as you travel through the city. This site also provides information on bus and train schedules.