AMUN is very pleased to provide you with the hotel reservations information for our Conference home at the Sheraton Grand Chicago. The downtown Sheraton is one of the finest convention facilities in the world, and we expect that it will again be an excellent site for our Conference in 2017 and into the future. In addition, the low rates of $138 per room per night (plus tax), with up to four people in each room at no additional charge, make the Sheraton Grand Chicago a very affordable choice for AMUN participants.
Guidelines on making hotel reservations
- All reservations are made directly by your group.
- Please make your reservations as early as possible; reservations are due by 16 October.
- AMUN strongly recommends using the special form reservation process created by the hotel specifically for AMUN. This process is designed to meet the special group billing and room needs of our conference participants.
- When making reservations by phone, tell them that you are with the American Model United Nations group to receive our preferred rates. Standard rates for the Sheraton are much higher than our special rate, so identifying yourself with our group is an important part of the reservations process.
- When making reservations, please be sure to provide the hotel with the names of all people who will be staying in each room. If a double, triple or quad room is held with just one name, your hotel check-in time at conference may be significantly increased.
- After the reservation deadline the hotel may make the AMUN room block available to the public, and rooms will be reserved on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Rooms at the Sheraton will be limited on the Friday and Saturday nights of Conference
- If you have any questions or encounter any problems in making reservations, please contact the AMUN Executive Office at the firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Hyatt Regency Chicago is an alternative hotel to book rooms for the price of $138/room plus tax. The Hyatt requires a minimum two night stay to take advantage of this reduced room rate. Reservations for the Hyatt can be made by submitting this form or by calling 312.565.1234 x 6685.