All participants of the in-person AMUN Conference must (1) be fully vaccinated and (2) verify upon arrival that they are fully vaccinated (as described below). There are no exceptions or exemptions to this policy.
Participants who are not vaccinated, for any reason, should opt into the virtual conference option. Participants who arrive in Chicago who are not vaccinated or cannot verify vaccination status can participate only in our virtual conference.
Vaccinations are Mandatory
To participate in the in-person AMUN Conference each attendee must have completed their full round of vaccinations 14 days prior to the conference (6 November). This requirement was communicated in an earlier communication dated 14 September sent to schools. The following are the only approved vaccinations for participation in the AMUN conference:
To be fully vaccinated and eligible to attend the in-person AMUN conference, you must meet the standard set out by the CDC, which is generally 14 days after a single-dose vaccine or 14 days after the second of a two-dose vaccine series. To participate at AMUN, this means vaccination must have taken place on or before 6 November 2021.
Vaccination Verification is Required to Receive Credentials
Each participant must bring both (1) proof of their vaccination and (2) a state-issued or school photo-ID card to the conference in order to receive their credentials. Each participant must present their own ID and vaccination records. Credentials will be given only to those individuals who can verify their vaccination status. This process will be separate from AMUN’s usual registration process, which will continue to be done by school and delegation.
For proof of vaccination, we accept any of the following methods, as outlined by the CDC:
- Verifiable records – Vaccination certificate with QR code1, digital pass via Smartphone application with QR code1 (e.g., United Kingdom National Health Service COVID Pass, European Union Digital COVID Certificate).
- Non-verifiable paper records – Printout of COVID-19 vaccination record or a COVID-19 vaccination certificate issued at national or subnational level or by an authorized vaccine provider (e.g., the CDC vaccination card).
- Non-verifiable digital records – Digital photos of vaccination card or record, downloaded vaccine record or vaccination certificate from official source (e.g., public health agency, government agency, or other authorized vaccine provider), or a mobile phone application without QR code.
No other method of verification will be accepted.
For photo ID, we accept any of the following:
- Government-issued photo ID (including but not limited to a driver’s license or a passport)
- College- or university-issued photo ID
AMUN will not retain any health or sensitive data on any conference participant.
What if I forget my Vaccination Records?
Without credentials, no one will be allowed into committee rooms or AMUN offices. If you do not bring your vaccination records, you will not be permitted to receive credentials or remain on the conference floor. If you are able to receive your vaccination records after the start of Conference, you may pick up your credentials in AMUN’s Executive Office in the Ohio Room on Level 2 of the Sheraton Grand during all conference hours after the conclusion of the Opening Plenary Session. No exceptions to this policy will be permitted. We thank you for your commitment to the health and safety of all participants and the AMUN and Sheraton Hotel Staff. Participants who are not able to provide documentation sufficient to verify their vaccination status as described above will be offered the opportunity to participate in AMUN’s concurrent virtual simulation. The virtual simulation was designed as a reasonable accommodation for those who are not able to meet the vaccination requirement and will operate much the same as the in-person conference. Please note, participation in the virtual simulation will require access to an Internet-connected computer and require participants to switch committee or country assignments. If in-person participation is desired, vaccination records and ID are non-negotiable requirements.