The Issues at AMUN Handbook includes descriptions of the purview of each body, background research and bibliographies on the topics which will be discussed at this year’s AMUN Conference. These are not intended as complete background guides, but rather as a starting point for additional research by AMUN participants.
You can also read the individual chapters below and print them out or view the Full Handbook.
- Introduction to the United Nations
- Research and Preparation
- Security Council
- Historical Security Council 1948
- Historical Security Council of 1993
- Historical Commission of Inquiry of 2005
- General Assembly Plenary
- General Assembly First Committee (Disarmament and International Security)
- General Assembly Second Committee (Economic and Financial)
- General Assembly Third Committee (Social, Humanitarian and Cultural)
- General Assembly Sixth Committee (Legal)
- The World Health Organization Executive Board – WHO
- SPECIAL COMMITTEE: United Nations Environment Assembly (UNEA)
- ECOSOC Commission: Committee for Development Policy – Expert Group (CDPEG)
- ECOSOC COMMISSION: Commission on Population and Development (CPD)
- International Court of Justice
Issues at AMUN 2018 is © Copyright 1990-2018, by American Model United Nations, Inc. (AMUN). Reproduction of any part of these handbooks may be made only by written consent of AMUN. Please Request for permission to use handbooks online. AMUN will be pleased to provide permission to copy this information to any Model United Nations organization or other educational group that is interested in utilizing this material. AMUN asks that groups interested in using this material do the following:
- Request permission to use the material by e-mail or in writing, stating the name of your group, purpose for which the information will be used, and contact information for your group, and,
- Credit AMUN on each reprint of the material for any information used. For further information, please contact the AMUN Executive Office by e-mail at email@example.com or by phone at (773) 777-AMUN.