Conference Dates: 23-26 November, 2013
Participation at AMUN is open to all current university/college level students. High school students please visit our link page for High School Model UN Conferences for further information.
- Security Council
- Historical Security Council (1994)
- Historical Security Council – Cold War (1956)
- General Assembly Plenary (runs concurrently with GA Committees)
Four General Assembly Committees:
- First Committee (Disarmament and International Security)
- Second Committee (Economic and Financial)
- Third Committee (Social, Humanitarian and Cultural)
- Fourth Committee (Special Political and Decolonization)
- Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC)
Two ECOSOC Commissions:
- Economic Commission for Latin America and the Caribbean (ECLAC)
- Commission on Crime Prevention and Criminal Justice (CCPCJ)
- Special Committee on Peacekeeping Operations (PKO)
- International Court of Justice
- International Press Delegation
Conference Participation Costs:
Per Delegation Fees: $75 per country
Per Delegate Fees: $50 per delegate (No Charge for Faculty Advisors). There is a $50 flat fee for IPD delegates and ICJ judges not associated with a delegation.
There is a minimum of 5 delegates (1 person per four GA Committees and the GA Plenary) and a maximum of 2 delegates per committee on each delegation (excluding IPD or ICJ Representatives). AMUN encourages schools which will exceed this maximum number of Representatives to register for an additional delegation(s).
A non-refundable deposit of $75 is required to reserve any country. This $75 deposit is per country, and will be applied to that school’s Delegation fees.
The AMUN International Conference is proud to be hosted by the Sheraton Chicago Hotel & Towers. Our special conference rate for Single, Double, Triple or Quad Rooms is $129/room/night (+ 15.4% tax. Tax rates are subject to change at any time.) (Up to 4 people per room at no additional charge). For more information on the Sheraton Chicago Hotel & Towers please visit their website.